SECO ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
You are receiving this letter because at some point in the last 5 years you have received LIEAP Benefits from Southeast Electric Cooperative. The Southeast Electric Cooperative board of directors recently decided to do the electricity portion of the low-income energy assistance program “in house”. Their hope is that your application will be processed quicker and the assistance payment would benefit you sooner. The following are the guidelines for the new program.
SECO Energy Assistance Program Guidelines:
- Program will begin October 1 and end April 30
- If the member qualifies for LIEAP through Action for Eastern Montana, they can bring their approval letter in and SECO will approve based on that documentation.
- If the member is not applying for LIEAP, they can fill out a short application provided by Southeast Electric. They will need to have proof of income and documentation.
- LIEAP Guidelines will be used to determine eligibility.
- Applications will be reviewed for accuracy by two Southeast Electric office employees.
All information is confidential and will be filed in a secure location where there is limited access.
LIEAP is still available for propane needs, so we encourage you to still apply for that LIEAP program as well. This is strictly for electricity. http://www.seecoop.com/content/energy-assistance